We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to ensuring the protection of your personal information. We collect and handle your personal information in accordance with its legal obligations, including those under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This Policy describes how Babeltext Pty Ltd collects, uses, handles, stores, and discloses your personal information.
The Privacy and Confidentiality Policy may be updated from time to time with the current version published on our website. We recommend checking our website to ensure you are aware of the current Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We only collect data that is required to provide the agreed services, including obtaining more information, accessing information, registering for the free course, and registering for the webinar. We confidently secure all data collected from our potential and existing clients. This includes non-disclosure of any data to third parties without explicit permission.
Only the name and email address fields are mandatory for these enquiries. You can refrain from submitting any other details you may not wish to disclose.
We use Google Ads, Analytics, Vimeo, HubSpot and other tools for the website for marketing purposes and to analyse traffic and trends. Our manner of using this does not identify individuals and their user navigation behaviours. We do not export data outside of these applications or share it with any third parties, including our established partners.
We collect your personal information either directly or indirectly from you to provide our services to you.
We collect personal information when:
- You enquire about, apply for, or use our products or services.
- You contact us to make an enquiry or request further information or
- You visit our website or use our digital services.
While we are required to collect some types of personal information to meet our legal obligations, we do attempt to keep our collection of your personal information to what is necessary to offer you the products and services you require.
Depending on those products and services or your interactions with Babeltext Pty Ltd, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- Email address.
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to provide services to our clients for which they have provided your personal information.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We’re careful about how we use your information to deliver our products and services. We also use your information for other reasons, such as to understand you better your needs and to let you know about other products and services you might be interested in.
Here is a list of the ways we may use your personal information:
- To enable you to access and use our website and other services.
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our member’s experience, such as performing analytics, conducting research and advertising and marketing.
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you.
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To undertake surveys, contests or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by use; and
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons mentioned in “How Do We Use Your Information?” or where the law otherwise allows or requires us to.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy and Confidentiality.
- Our employees and contractors.
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Securing Your Information
Our team members are trained in how to keep your information safe and secure. We use secure systems to hold your information. We aim to only keep your information for as long as we need it, for example, for business or legal reasons. When we no longer need information, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
We store your electronic records in secure buildings and systems or using trusted third parties. We use a range of physical, electronic and other security measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the personal information we hold about you.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure, and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Using Our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or another device. They enable the entity that puts the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser, but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us (refer to “9. Contact Us”). Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information, and where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think the information we hold about you is incorrect, please get in touch with us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure it is corrected.
Making A Complaint
If you have a concern or complaint about how we have handled your personal information, let us know, and we’ll try to fix it. We try to get things right the first time – but if we don’t, we’ll do our best to sort it out.
Please include your name, email address and/or phone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction or you are still concerned, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission in any of the following ways:
- Online: www.oaic.gov.au/pivacy
- Phone: 1300 363 992
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- Mail: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Babeltext Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia
You can contact us via email: support@Babeltext.com